Tuesday 14 October 2014

Two For One

Happy Tuesday!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (and took lots of pictures to scrap!).  Since yesterday was a holiday, I took the day off...to house clean!  However, my scrap area is sparkling clean which makes me feel super creative!
Here are some upcoming events at the store - be sure to check out the Mixed Media Mania post too!

Christmas Card Class - Wednesday Oct 15th @ 630pm



Mixed Media Layouts - Thursday Oct 16th @10am or Monday Oct 20th @ 630 pm




Art Journal Class - Tuesday Oct 21st @ 630pm or Friday Oct 17th@ 6pm




Scrap A Pack - Saturday Oct 18th 10am-10pm


And, stock is coming on Friday - including all the new Tim Holtz dies, new Silks colours and much more!



MIXED MEDIA MANIA - Using Your Scraps

Those of you that know me, know I tend to be a little on the messy side.  It is a rare day that I don't have ink or paint on my hands (or arms, elbows, neck, etc).  Before Mixed Media was a thing, I did mixed media because I loved using unconventional things just for fun.   I am a big believer in using your scraps...but not necessarily paper scraps.  I remember teaching a misting class and asking everyone to keep the paper towel that they were wiping up with - we then cut that paper towel up and turned it into a ruffle on the page!  In our Art Journal classes if there is leftover paint or spray, someone is more than happy to smoosh it into their books to use for a later date.  And so, when I stumbled upon this tutorial, I knew I had to share it!   I also now know what I want to do with my 4'x 1' canvas!!





No comments:

Post a Comment