Monday 30 December 2013

Exciting Event Coming Soon!!!

We have been sitting on some exciting news for a while now... just waiting to finalize some details but we can't wait any longer to share some very exciting news!!!!!

We have two amazingly talented ladies coming to share their creativity with you!

Join Sabrina Radek
and 
Leica Forrest 

for a weekend full of classes!!!

February 21st, 22nd, and 23rd!!

A little about Sabrina...
I am a mother of 5 children, and have 7 grandchildren so far. I loved being a stay-at-home-Mom for 21 years, but that changed in 1999. I didn't get into scrapbooking and cardmaking until August 2009 while living in Calgary AB, where my oldest daughter (Dana) and her family live. I taught classes at Scrapbooker's Paradise in Calgary for a year before I moved to Victoria, BC in February 2011 to be closer to my aging parents, and have taught classes at Scrapbook Parade full time for the last two years.

As far back as I can remember, I have always loved to create, and come up with great ideas. I know that at times I must have driven my loved ones around me a little crazy with it all. Over the years I have loved knitting, crocheting, cooking, baking, and sewing, drawing, painting, photography, crafts, graphic design, bookmaking, cardmaking, chipboard construction, and scrapbooking. And on occasion, throughout my life, I have even won awards or recognition in some of these areas of creativity.
However, it is my love of Graphic 45 papers that has made me stretch my creativity even more. Those gorgeous papers are so inspiring that the ideas come faster than I make them. And then a new line comes out forcing me to abandon some of those ideas so that I can go on with the new ideas for new paper collections. I have been featured occasionally on Graphic 45's Ning, Blog, & Facebook over the past two years. The Spring of 2013, at the encouragement of my students and friends, I applied for the Graphic 45 DT and made the top 30. 
I am thrilled to be asked to be a guest instructor at Edmonton's Scrap Addicts and look forward to sharing my love of Graphic 45 creativity with everyone there, even if it means leaving the green behind for a while to go to the cold and snow. I look forward to meeting you all and working together on the Graphic 45 inspired projects I have for you.

Sabrina will be teaching a very detailed layout class and a phenomenal tri-fold album class using the brand new Graphic lines - don't miss out on these classes as spots will fill very quickly!  

Check out Sabrina's blog - Aspiring To Creativity where she has some sneak peeks!


And the lovely and talented Leica Forrest will be teaching 3 classes too!!!

A little about Leica....
Life is never boring at her house, which her husband affectionately refers to as their "scrap house". You just never know what kind of photo opportunities will happen in her household. Married to her best friend, Jim, they have 3 crazy kids Riley; 9, Jager; 7 and Ireland 4. She has been working in this industry for 9 years, loving to share new techniques and meet new people. Over the years she has been fortunate to educate & design for some amazing companies such as Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, Core'dinations, Tattered Angels, Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine, Glitz Design, American Crafts, Basically Bare. Her style is always changing as are the trends, always wanting to try new things. She lives to laugh and really enjoy life, and tries to transmit that through her art whether it is scrapbooking or mixed media, she is constantly documenting their lives; good, bad and just crazy. She has a very laid back class approach where there are no mistakes, setting realistic goals where you can have fun creating and walk away with completed projects.
Check out Leica's blog - I'm Here To Live Outloud!

We are beyond thrilled to have these talented ladies come and teach here - more details will come but you can call the store and reserve your spot today!

4 comments:

  1. squeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am so excited!!! I have always wanted to take a class with Leica, whoo hoo!!!! So looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the excitement!!!!!!!! I have taken classes with Leica and she's great! And super looking fwd to meeting Sabrina and working with the new G45!! Sign me up!
    Or should I say "Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play, today!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could go. I have taken classes with Sabrina and scrapped with Leica and enjoyed it so much. Have a great time creating ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I am hoping to come, but won't know if I can till later.

    ReplyDelete